Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Luck O' the Irish

Today my son met with the jobs counselor at the Best Buddies organization. I have not gotten all the details, but he seemed to come away with a very positive outlook regarding potential summer employment. Moreover, they apparently discussed other services that Best Buddies might be able to help him with.

It’s nice to have a new lifeline to replace the special education services we left behind when he graduated from high school. I’ve been reading about transition services that are normally required, but that never came up in my son’s last IEP team meeting. It’s reassuring to believe that the reason transition services did not come into play is because my son had mastered the use of the skills they helped him develop to succeed – academically, socially, professionally; but a little boost is always welcome.

No comments: