Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Continuing Saga

After much thought, my son believes that the grade he received in Stage Tech did not reflect the effort and level of success he achieved in that class. Yesterday I sent an email to the director of disabilities at my son’s school letting her know that we are going to pursue the issue of the Stage Tech grade. Specifically, we want to know how the grade was arrived at and why he did not receive accommodations in the sewing segment (which he was told he failed).

I have not gotten a response as of this writing. There is a meeting by our local Special Ed Committee next week on transitioning to college with a learning disability. We hope to get further clarification on the issues at that meeting. After that, we will arrange a meeting at the school to discuss that grade and future accommodations that will bolster my son’s odds for success.

No comments: