Friday, April 23, 2010

Second Tournament

This weekend the Ultimate Frisbee team at my son’s college will participate in its second tournament, this time in New Hampshire. It will mean getting up early on Saturday and Sunday, when my son would much rather sleep in (who wouldn’t). We talked quite a bit about the commitment he made to this sport back in September. For a short time, I was afraid he was seriously considering not participating in this tourney – but I think he was just looking for some empathy and recognition that he really is committed (sore legs and all). No doubt my son would be more enthused if he got a little more playing time, but Ultimate seems to be no different than any other college sport, club through Division 1: freshmen have to put in their bench time. A couple of wins this weekend would also improve his attitude!

No comments: