Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Reason For Hope!

From the blog I sometimes follow by a mother whose son also has NLD:

“ I'm so proud of [my son, who has just gotten his driver’s license]. Having Nonverbal Learning Disorder means that he has visual-spatial problems. That, combined with anxiety, doesn't bode well for driving a car. Throughout his Driver's Ed programme he was rather anxious while driving and a little timid. As he went along he started gaining more confidence and getting more and more comfortable. He still is very cautious, but I'm not going to complain about that.

"It's very interesting watching him drive as he will still verbalize the "rules" and procedures. As he parks, he talks the procedure to himself as he does it. It's very fascinating to me.”

My son’s learner’s permit expires this summer so we (he) will be focusing a lot of attention of driving lessons!

No comments: