Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Back to School

My son is on his way back to campus today. I am not 100% sure that he came to any decision regarding the Stage Tech grade, although he seems to be leaning toward approaching the professor to get clarification on how she arrived at it. We told him it couldn’t hurt and there are two possible outcomes, both of which would at least provide him with some closure. First, she might be able to show him that the grade he got was indeed the grade he earned based on work completed and exam scores. Or second, she might have actually made a mistake.

I said goodbye to him this morning before I left for work and left him with a promise of frequent text messages regarding the state of his dorm room. I feel as though I did not even come close to getting him to understand the importance of keeping his room at least moderately organized.

For those readers who know my son, feel free to ask him in a week if he’s managing to keep his important papers in a folder or folders, his toiletries in the nifty organizer that he got, and his floor free of trash. And feel free to ask him that more than once.

No comments: