Friday, January 22, 2010

More Support

Having looked into many online resources over the past several years, I’ve been on the mailing list of the Asperger’s Association of New England for some time. I mentioned this organization last month in connection with their invitation to my son to write an article for their newsletter (which he has not done). I’ve also bookmarked their web address on my computer, just so I have it handy.

I finally spent some time surfing around the site, which I discovered has a tremendous amount of resources available for children, teens, adults and parents dealing AS (or other related disabilities). Although the site is dedicated in name to Asperger’s Syndrome, many of the links, support groups available and other references provided include Nonverbal Learning Disorder.

The organization offers services for children, teens, young adults and adults, including social activities. The site has links and references to myriad related resources and I highly recommend anyone with an autism spectrum disorder, or anyone who knows someone so afflicted to check this site out. Additional services are available for members, and an annual membership is only $35. Well worth it.

http://www.aane.org/

No comments: