Friday, November 20, 2009

Take Two

The situation with the Tech class was resolved effectively by my son’s decision to change majors. The school has agreed that he can finish the final assignment for this class using pre-cut wood, which would eliminate the saw. My son is happy to be completing the course as it was designed, without having to do a less relevant assignment.

It is truly unfortunate that it came to this. I would have thought that a Stage Manager would have to know a little bit about everything in front of and behind stage, but that person’s main concern would be managing others. If that is true, there is no doubt in my mind that my son could have done this major and succeeded in a career in the field.

But I’m confident he will be equally or more successful in any other field he chooses.

No comments: