Thursday, September 10, 2009

Good News/Bad News

I can praise my son for his courage and perseverance, but I'd better put my money where my mouth is. After much back-and forth about his Internet access, he has made it clear that he will deal with it himself and in his own time. Apparently I over-estimated the impact of access to email relative to the real demands of college.

But I still see a need...I just got a call to go online for him and freeze his student ID account, because he's misplaced the card. At his school, resident student ID cards carry a cash balance because the cafeteria doesn't serve lunch. Students can use their ID as a debit card at several on- and off- campus eateries and the bookstore. I did go to his account and report the card as lost, but I'm fairly sure it will turn up. Another day's entry will include directions on how to keep your room clean.NO doubt he'll keep better track of the replacement by practicing those organizational skills he's been working on for the past ten years or more.

No comments: